- The only DB event with live global broadcast throughout the event on (RTHK Radio 3 - available over the last 10 years on AM567 or for Stanley area on FM106.8 stereo) - On-line audio broadcast over the internet since 1999, additional on-line live TV web cast since 2000
*RTHK's web cast of the Stanley event 2001 - video clipshttp://www.rthk.org.hk/special/dragonboat2001/
- Most countries represented - you can find paddlers from all continents adding up to more than any other local event at this type of festival.
- Largest in scale - largest number of participating teams in HK (143 teams record high in 2001, 130 teams in 1996 & 2000, 126 in 1997, 120 in 1998, 121 in 1999). One of the largest one-day regattas in dragon boat history in the world.
- Amazing carnival atmosphere.
- Most corporate teams participating.
- The best sand and beach setting for a festival day - paddling in the famous Tai Tam Bay which is embraced by The Shek O and Red Hill Peninsulars - Enjoy your so-called "dragon boat swim" anytime from Stanley Main Beach.
- The first and only district DB event in HK with an informative official web site, which is proud to be fully bilingual.
- Bilingual Presentation - all team info sent out and announcements in both Chinese and English.
- Ten sessions totalling 10 hours of pre-race practice.